Every state across the country has a plethora of freshwater lakes, reservoirs, ponds, streams, and rivers. The accessibility to freshwater fishing sites across the country makes it easy for beginners. With a few tips and simple tackle, you can enjoy this type of fishing from the shore, dock, or boats.
To get started here are 6 essentials to prepare you for Freshwater Fishing
- Get a fishing license for your state
- Choose a rod and reel
- Check the local forecast, sun and moon phases, as environmental factors play a large role in fish activity
- Learn the depth of the freshwater location you choose to fish. Water depth effects the water temperature and the water temperature effects the species that are present
- Select a bait to present to the fish you plan to target. Local bait and tackle shops are a great place to not only buy bait but also to get advice from a local
- Choose the right size hook and line
Imagine the look on your face when you catch that first fish. You can almost taste it! It’s a feeling of accomplishment like no other. With so many types of fish to choose from in freshwater, we’re sure there’s something out there just waiting for you.